Instead of reflecting our culture we strive to be a missional church, an alternative community, with different values and behaviors. Our goal is to be out in and engage with our community, while remaining uniquely different. The prayer of Hope Community is to be a place of healing and hope, of salvation and belonging.
DNA of Hope Community …
- Divine authority. The 66 books of the Old & New Testaments accurately record the Creator’s revelation of Himself to His creation.
- Nurturing relationships. Followers of Jesus are each responsible for contributing to and building up the Christian community.
- Apostolic ministry. Jesus was sent into the world, and gave all His disciples the mission of going into the world with the story of Jesus.
re-imagining worship & community
5-minute video capturing how we want to be. We haven't arrived—we have a long way to go. But we are on the way.
the big story
The entire story of the Bible summarized in 3 minutes, on a coffee shop napkin.
- Creation was designed for good.
- Creation was damaged by evil.
- Creation is being restored for better.
- Repentant people are sent out together to heal.
Visual story-telling meets the Bible. Believing the Bible is a unified story that leads to Jesus, our mission to make the biblical story accessible to everyone, everywhere.
hope community practices
- participation over performance. We resist the cultural preference for celebrity. We pursue wide participation ahead of focusing on a few performers.
- mission over comfort. Jesus was sent into the world. Jesus commanded His followers to go into the world. We look for opportunities to engage our world, to season our neighborhoods with Christ's inexhaustible hope.
- prayer over everything. Dietrich Bonhoeffer—a Christian pastor executed by the Nazis—wrote, "Where people pray, there is the church, and where the church is there is never loneliness."
hope community goals
- enter into a relationship with your Creator. God wants you to know Him and has made it possible for you to know Him. The way to do that is by …
- exploring the Bible. The 66 books of the old and new testaments accurately record God’s revelation of Himself. As you explore the Bible you'll be guided to begin …
- enjoying true community. You weren't created to live a lonely life. You were created for relationship with God as your heavenly Father, and for relationship with other people.
- taking God's healing and hope out into a world damaged by evil, oppressed by injustice and suffering from selfishness. God has promised to re-create this broken world. That re-creation began with Jesus' resurrection. Currently it proceeds one person at a time. But when Jesus returns, God's re-creation will be suddenly and universally completed.